Coming to an office near me. Happy Monday Morning for my coworkers! :) I always make 12 for the office and the left overs for us. Today I stretched the batter a bit, so Love has a lot of cupcakes he can enjoy this week.
Mint Chocolate Cupcakes (makes 18-24 cupcakes)
Cake: 2/3 cup self raising flour, 2/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup malt flour, 1/3 cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, pinch of salt, 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter, 2 eggs, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, & 2-5 tbs whole milk (based on what consistency you want them to be)
Icing: 1 1/2 unsalted butter, 2 cups powder sugar, 1/4 tbs vanilla extract, 3 tbs whole milk, 1/4-1/3 cup cocoa powder, 1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
1. Sift dry ingredients & mix
2. Add butter & wet ingredients
3. Mix really really well
4. Set oven to 320F, line cupcakes, put in cake batter 3/4 of the way full, & bake for 20 some odd minutes
5. Mix butter for icing until it’s whipped and fluffy
6. Add 1 cup of powered sugar, mix with butter, then add second cup. Mix really well
7. Add vanilla extract & whole milk
8. Split batter into 2. In one bowl add the cocoa powder to make chocolate icing (to taste, or based on my measurements). In the other make peppermint icing (to taste, or based on my measurements).
9. Let cake cool, decorate with icing
10. Eat. Nom nom….
I’ve never been a baker. I’ve only started trying to do so in an attempt to network & mingle with outside co-workers. When I won a bake off at work, I decided to take this on for yet another hobby. I’m still trying to get them to look pretty - but with time and practice, they will be grand. :)